[Vk5-wx-sonde] Black Hill sonde

P Wegener (VK5PW) vk5pw at internode.on.net
Sun Apr 22 04:26:42 PDT 2018

Hi All

Saturday morning I went out to pick up the sonde at Black Hill, it took
me about 20 mins to drive to the spot.

When I get there someone had cut the radio unit off the string and took
it , leaving the string and reflector at the site on the ground.

Fair enough for being quick to get away , and being first there.

However my concern as a property owner myself with stock,  is that sheep
and cattle can get wrapped up in this string around their legs and there
is no way they could remove it

hence the animal would die if it cant get to water , etc.

The owners may only check their stock once a week or fortnightly on some
of the properties.

Yes I did wrap up the string , on finding it .

Regards

Peter