[Vk5-wx-sonde] radiosonde_auto_rx update - 2018-12-15

Mark Jessop vk5qi at rfhead.net
Sat Dec 15 03:06:13 PST 2018

Hi all,

I've just pushed out an update to radiosonde_auto_rx, version 20181215.
As usual, information on how to update is available here:
https://github.com/projecthorus/radiosonde_auto_rx/wiki/Performing-Updates

This update includes:
- Fixes to the APRS uploader code to be properly APRS compliant,
- Changing the default APRS-IS server to radiosondy.info (a Polish
radiosonde data aggregation site - see https://radiosondy.info/ )
- Adding the option to upload a station location into APRS-IS.

There has also been a bit of a re-structure of the configuration file in
this version. While it should be possible to use an older configuration
file (auto_rx will spit out a few errors on startup, but should still run),
I would recommend reconfiguring using the new example configuration file.
i.e.
$ cp station.cfg station.cfg.old
$ cp station.cfg.example station.cfg
$ nano station.cfg
... and edit.

I've now configured the four stations that I manage (VK5HS, VK5NEX, VK5QI
and VK5KX) to upload position objects into APRS-IS. There shouldn't be a
problem having more stations upload into APRS-IS, however make sure you are
using the new default aprs_custom_comment setting.

73
Mark VK5QI