[Vk5-wx-sonde] auto_rx update - 2018-06-01

Mark Jessop vk5qi at rfhead.net
Sat Jun 2 01:21:52 PDT 2018

Hi all,

We have just released a fairly large update to the auto_rx codebase.

This update involves changes to just about every part of the code, and adds:

   - Python 3 support (Python 2.7 is EOL at the end of 2019)
   - *Support for using multiple RTLSDRs simultaneously (to track multiple
   sondes)*
   - General restructure of the codebase, making it somewhat more robust,
   and easier to add new features.

There are a few new dependencies, the main one being python-dateutil. Also,
the structure of the configuration file has changed significantly - *this
means your current configuration file will not work*.

I would strongly suggest deleting your current radiosonde_auto_rx directory
(backing up any log files if you wish), and re-following the installation
instructions available at:
https://github.com/projecthorus/radiosonde_auto_rx/wiki

Hopefully with these updates we will be able to proceed with adding some
much-desired features, such as a browser-accessible status interface.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues!

73
Mark VK5QI