[Vk5-wx-sonde] new decoder

Mark Jessop vk5qi at rfhead.net
Sat Jun 23 00:04:52 PDT 2018

The additions needed are not in the latest FreeDV debian/ubuntu package.
They won't be there for quite some time.
Remember, the additions that make the Horus Binary decoding possible were
only added in last weekend, and only finalised mid-last-week! This is all
very very new!

Realistically your best bet at this point is to compile FreeDV-Dev from
source. There are instructions on how to do this here:
https://svn.code.sf.net/p/freetel/code/freedv-dev/README.txt

Alternatively, you can just use the command-line version using output from
GQRX: https://github.com/projecthorus/horusbinary#demodulating-using-gqrx

I'm currently working on a guide to getting things running under Windows
(for which we have installers), but the actual operation part will be
applicable to Linux too.

Cheers,
Mark VK5QI