[Vk5-wx-sonde] n4020367 recovered

Paul Roehrs paul.roehrs at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 03:01:04 PDT 2018

Hi Steve,
,Well done, glad you got it. as I got the earlier one.  I re checked
everything when I got back and suspected I might have got it wrong as I
searched a bit too far down track and didn't want to hang around any
longer as I had not asked permission.  I checked along the river and got
no signal whatsoever.  I was also spooked from further searching by a
brown snake.  However, it certainly had no signal after hitting the
ground which is why I suspected it was in the river.  I was within 2k of
it when it landed.  VK5KAF was navigating for me for the first time.
I would be interested in the exact position as I must have got very
close to it.
Still working on a tracking system as I am in Angle Vale and might fill
another hole in the North.  I have the hardware but my Linux skills are
very rusty. Got it installed but still haven't got the drivers for my
wifi so I have a way to go.

73
Paul
VK5NE