[Vk5-wx-sonde] Proof of Hobart launches and long distance decode.

michael mcdonald vk3zqv at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 4 01:53:04 PDT 2018

Hello Mark,
The would be great I am happy to provide the card or catch up with them I Melbourne with the hardware some time to see how they set there's up.
I have had several more instances of VK7 Sondes being tracked , last nigh I followed one for quite a while even though it was behind the Tasmanian main land to me as it went up over 30K but I can only track them when the local ones go's down near Melbourne out of my RX range before the VK7 one burst's
But we do also have a confirmed morning track now so that is additional proof of similar launch schedules.
I was hoping last nights would go SE as it went so high to give me a chance at the >600K range but it turned north on me and was not far enough east so I will just have to be patent hi.
Attached is the KML file from last nigh, go to Google earth, file, import, all files, then select the attachment file and run.
You should get the track on Google earth from when I started receiving it after the loss of the local one till it dropped behind the Tasmanian main land to me.
Cheers
Michael
VK3MM