[Vk5-wx-sonde] Sonde Launches from PW

Tim VK5ZT tim at vk5zt.com
Thu Apr 11 04:55:52 PDT 2019

FYI all...

The proof range (Joint Proof & Experimental Unit) has a sonde launch
facility complete with a hydrogen filling station, receiving system etc...

It was used in the past for met data to assist in targeting large
calibre weapons fire.

If there is no indication of firing going on, then there is probably
some other experiment going on.

Clearly some sort of airborne system if it needs met data....

Such things are usually conducted by DSTG but it anyone's guess.

I will see if there is anyone out there willing to give me some info.....

Tim VK5ZT