[Vk5-wx-sonde] P4740885 unrecoverable

Lachlan Stewart lachlan.aerospace at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 00:13:48 PST 2019

Hi all,

Went for a day out looking for the 3 balloons that landed in Murray Bridge
yesterday.
I found p4740885 sitting in a farm paddock, so I went to see the landowner.
While I was driving up his driveway I talked to the brother (walking up the
road), who was handing out business cards. He was wanting people to join
his facebook group about aliens landing humans on earth!
Anyway went to speak to the owner but couldn't get permission, mainly
because the owner had just had back surgery and didn't trust people to shut
his gates correctly (he has had animals escape because of this previously).
So this sonde will just have to stay there!

Couldn't find the other 2 due to the last signals being too high prior to
landing.

Cheers
Lachlan Stewart