[Vk5-wx-sonde] Horus Binary Test Launches - This/Next Sunday!

Mark Jessop vk5qi at rfhead.net
Fri Feb 14 05:11:13 PST 2020

If you've missed it on other media, we've got a couple of small balloon
launches coming up, including one at 10AM this Sunday, from Two Wells.

The aim of these launches is to give new listeners a chance to set up and
test reception of the new(ish) Horus Binary telemetry mode, so we can phase
out the RTTY payload. If you're not already set up to receive telemetry
from these payloads, this is a good chance to try! The Horus Binary decoder
software can feed data into ChaseMapper, so you can chase these flights
just like you would a radiosonde launch with auto_rx.

Each launch will have a single reprogrammed RS41, transmitting the Horus
Binary telemetry on 434.660 MHz. I wasn't really planning on recovering the
payload, but the prediction does indicate it might be recoverable:
http://predict.habhub.org/#!/uuid=9fc8b18f888aabae1db375e18a30db10bc29508e

Information on the launches and links to telemetry reception guides are
available here: https://www.areg.org.au/archives/209685

73
Mark VK5QI