[Vk5-wx-sonde] auto_Rx March 13th Major Update

Mark Jessop vk5qi at rfhead.net
Wed Mar 13 03:36:11 PDT 2019

Hi all,

I have just merged a major update pack into the master branch. If you are
running the testing branch, please switch back to the master branch.

Major changes include:

   - Various demodulator updates. (Thanks rs1729!!)
   - Use --dist flag on DFM decoder to reduce bad position reports. This
   should at least partially resolve the large jumps in position we often see
   on DFMs in Europe.
   - Switch to dft_detect for sonde detection. This gives a ~5db detection
   performance increase for many sonde types. Refer analysis here
   <https://github.com/projecthorus/radiosonde_auto_rx/blob/testing/auto_rx/test/notes/2019-03-01_detector_change.md>
   .
   - Add testing scripts and related explanatory notes.
   - Fix some Python 3 compatibility issues.
   - Add aux data detection for RS41s. (These will now show as RS41-Ozone
   if there is aux data detected)
   - Expand receive bandwidth for scanning/decoding for the 1680MHz band
   RS92-NGPs (only tested with recorded samples, not in the wild)
   - Some small changes to logging.

Please update as soon as you are able to! Follow the update guide here:
https://github.com/projecthorus/radiosonde_auto_rx/wiki/Performing-Updates

Also, all users please note that in a few weeks time we will be
progressively blocking telemetry uploads to sondehub.org from older
versions of auto_rx (older than 2019-02-27). We are planning on making
changes to the telemetry formats uploaded to sondehub, and need to ensure
all users are on a common version before this occurs to avoid issues.

73
Mark VK5QI