[Vk5-wx-sonde] P4750104 and others

Paul Roehrs paul.roehrs at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 00:21:07 PDT 2019

That explains a lot.
We went to the position of last nights sonde and could not find it.
However there were sheep and fresh feed right next to the estimated
position so we assumed the farmer had picked it up.
After wasting time there we went after this morning's sonde after it had
already landed.  Got a signal on it on the way in.  Did not have
Chasemapper working as were thought we were alone and just going to the
landing site.  Got to the landing site and there was no signal.  Drove
off and then got the signal again.  Then noticed the position had jumped
so went to the next position and got no signal and because it looked to
hard too find without chasemapper running and no signal we aborted that
one as well.
Went to a couple of old sites on the river flats I had positions on and
they both came up with nothing as well.
How many sondes has Erich collected in the last week?
Had a pleasant drive, a bit of hiking and nice pasty for lunch and some
good conversation with John VK5KAF.
I think I will stay on my side of Main North Road for at least another
month.

73
Paul
VK5NE