[Vk5-wx-sonde] radiosonde_auto_rx release v1.1.0

Mark Jessop vk5qi at rfhead.net
Fri May 17 07:45:36 PDT 2019

Hi all,

I've just released v1.1.0 of radiosonde_auto_rx in the master branch. Refer
here for more information:
https://github.com/projecthorus/radiosonde_auto_rx/releases/tag/v1.1.0

Note: This fixes a few bugs in APRS uploading, and a bad bug in the
handling of RS41-SGM sondes, which caused auto_rx to crash.

There's no need to enable the new experimental demodulator chains here in
VK - there is essentially no performance improvement for RS41 decoding.

I've had word via the BOM that there will be more regular RS41-SGM launches
from Pt Wakefield over the next few months. There were also a few days of
launches this last week, which is how I noticed the SGM bug! I've been put
in contact with the guys out at the proof range who are doing the launches,
so hopefully we'll get some more heads-up when they do more of these
launches.

Apparently they will be flying them in an 'unencrypted' mode, though I
haven't seen any evidence of this yet (and it will most likely break
auto_rx again, as it'll be another new packet format we haven't seen
before!). If you see any weird lock-ups on a frequency detected as a RS41,
please let me know!
I'm hoping that we can get decoding of the encrypted sondes going, so we
can track them just like any other RS41 and recover a few!

73
Mark VK5QI