[Vk5-wx-sonde] Offset attenuator

Erich Heinzle a1039181 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 16:50:10 PDT 2019

They should end up being no more than ~$5 for a board, slide switch and
4.8mhz canned oscillator together. I have designed them to fit in an abs
box from jaycar with minimal modification,  and room for a 9v battery.
You'd need to supply the other bits,  like bnc's,  Jaycar potentiometer,
7805.

https://www.jaycar.com.au/jiffy-box-black-83-x-54-x-31mm/p/HB6015

They'll be a few weeks away still due to snail mail delivery.

I want to test one first to make sure I got the layout right.

The 7th harmonic from the 4.8mhz oscillator would land pretty well in the
433mhz lip Rx band pass,  so I am also keen to experiment with an RSSI
based Rx using one of those cheap, i.e. $1, eBay 433 mhz Rx boards.

73

Erich