[Vk5-wx-sonde] Chasemapper pi problems.

Liam Gunning liam.gunning at icloud.com
Wed Mar 31 22:11:06 PDT 2021

Hi Paul,

I have encountered both of those problems in the past.

You can setup a static IP address on the RPi. That will enable you to have the same IP address whenever the RPi is online. Just make sure you run the same IP address subset config on each of your devices that connect the the mobile network.

If you’re using the RTL blog SDR dongle they have a fairly high current draw. I had similar issues with my car Pi power supply. Changed to a 2.4A supply. Problem solved. I also have a ups hat on my car Pi which allows it to run off its own battery if the car power supply is interrupted.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Liam VK5LJG

Liam Gunning